Site Development Plan
Since Trubshaw Cross Ladsandads became responsible for the upkeep and development of our site the Committee have been working on a development plan that we can work towards and use to apply for funding.
Below is a brief synopsis of the Development Plan and its aims.
The Proposed Project
To develop the pitches and facilities at Trubshaw Cross in order to achieve our vision of developing the centre to make it the focus for community football development in North Staffordshire.
- Manage and maintain all existing Club facilities.
- Work with the Staffordshire Football Association, Stoke-on-Trent City Council and other Partners to apply to various funding bodies such as the Football Foundation Funding to develop a complex that will become a the best grassroots football centre in North Staffordshire.
- Work with the Staffordshire Football Association to apply for Football Foundation Funding to provide a 3 G pitch that can be used in all weathers.
- Develop the use of external facilities.
- Maintain the safety of our teams playing, annual survey of goal posts to be carried out – if necessary apply to the Goalpost Safety Programme for assistance.
- Develop a Management and Usage Plan for the proposed development as part of the business planning and planning application processes.
Stoke-on-Trent City Councils Self Management process has presented Staffordshire Ladsandads to create a football development at the Trubshaw Cross site which will become the area’s leading grassroots football ground.
This development will include following:
- Improved playing surfaces through current and proposed pitch maintenance guided by a Football Association Pitch Advisor
- Club house with; community room, catering facilities & changing facilities
- New artificial pitch
- Pathways from junior football to senior football
- Coach, volunteer and other workforce development
- Support for other leagues development such as the County Women’s & Girls League
- Holiday activities and drop-in football sessions
Once the project is completed the site will offer improved sporting facilities for North Staffordshire, with an improved community changing facilities and a new artificial pitch allowing more intensive use.
This will allow Staffordshire Ladsandads to increase football participation for all groups in the area to improve health and fitness, provide activities for young people who currently lack things to do and hold community events, competitions and schools events.
The site will also:
- Create opportunities for training such as coaching qualifications.
- Allow education and sport to be delivered on one site.
- Become a hub for a Staffordshire Ladsandads and the football community of North Staffordshire in general.